kitty pi

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Well, it's about time!

Ha! Having solved all other societal problems, Virginia has passed a bill that says you can be fined $50 if you wear your pants low enough to show your underwear. I know this is utterly ridiculous and the government surely has better things to do than legislate good taste in clothing, but I am so sick of seeing peek-a-boo thongs, boxer shorts, and butt-cracks. I gather from the article this seems to be targeting gang-style apparrel but here in Southern California, it is a wildly popular fashion statement.

I cannot go into a restaurant, a library, school, or the supermarket without seeing somebody's butt crack or their Victoria Secrets. I am not interested in what color your g-string is, or where you bought it. I don't want to see your buttcrack, ever! And I think it can't really be that sanitary, is it? If I sit in a booth at a restaurant and somebody's bare buttcrack was pressed against it, doesn't it seem like their buttcrack germs are now on my clothing? Or if I am exposing my own buttcrack, isn't that kind of like buttcrack to buttcrack contact? Gross.

One of the few drawbacks to living somewhere with a near perfect climate year round is that I don't even get a break during the winter months from this hopefully-soon-to-be-extinct trend. I know my age and my nerdiness is showing, but since when are buttcracks sexy anyway? I'm not a prude and I am sure that anthropologists think cleavage is sexy to us because it resembles a buttcrack and cavemen apparently liked buttcracks because, well, you can figure it out.

I think it is incredibly bad taste and the fashion police need to be on a non-stop campaign to end this hideous practice of buttcrack exposure. And while we're at it, if I see one more ginormous lower back tattoo, I think I'm going to hurl. Especially at the office. We really don't want or need a reminder of your drunken weekend in Mexico. But won't it be cute when you're 70?







1 comment(s):

as much as i agree with you, i do not think that the govt should be able to fine people for fashion disasters. if i wanna wear a plaid shirt with striped pants, i should be able to. if i wanna wear a propeller beanie hat with shorts and Mork suspenders, i should be able to. and if i wanna wear pants that hang halfway down my ass so as to expose my boxers, i should be able to.

i think the bill already died, though... so it's a moot point.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:21 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home