kitty pi

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Still At Large: Ms. Q's Imposters

Private J, Princess Jojo and I went to dinner last night. I can't believe my baby boy is a soldier now. I can't believe I am the mother of a soldier now. Never in my wildest and craziest dreams did I imagine that would happen. He's flying off to basic training, as we speak.

About last night - I bet you didn't know that I am really, really nice. I mean nicer than average. Sometimes, I am even Doormat Nice. Usually, when it comes to things like waiting on line at the market or waiting for a table at a restaurant, I am super patient. Upon our arrival at the restaurant last night, we were told that it would be a 15 - 20 minute wait and we were given a flashy pager thing that would presumably buzz and flash when our table was ready. That's how it normally works and my experience told me to expect the same thing this time. We proceed to hang out, act goofy, and take lots of pictures all the while waiting for our flashy pager thing to go off.

Thirty minutes go by and I notice that all of the people who arrived after us had already been seated. Hmm. We decide to ask the Very Nice Hostess about our table seating status and while she's dickering with something, I glance at the list. I don't see my name. Wait. There it is. It's scratched out!

The Very Nice Hostess asks my name and when I reply, her eyes get really big and she exclaims "What a bunch of lying liars!".

Puzzled, I ask "who's a lying liar? Bill O'Reilly is here?"

The Very Nice Hostess then says... "the people who I seated 15 minutes ago who said they were you!"

This very minute in San Diego a crew of three is laughing because they got seated first by saying they were me! Yes, my identity was stolen for a table at the Outback.

5 comment(s):

seriously? dude. i woulda asked the hostess where they were seated...

and of course, i'd fuck with 'em. throw shit at them. talk loudly/on the cell phone/laughing. "spill" stuff on their table. oh hell yeah, i'd do that.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:42 AM  

Bastards!

That's the oldest trick in the book. At our restaurant, because we are kind of in demand, we make sure that we write descriptions of what people are wearing when they go on a wait list to avoid that, because people try that often.

Sorry that happened. Sorry to be obscene, but people are bitches.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:09 PM  

THIS HAPPENED TO ME!!!!! So when it came my turn to get a seat... AGAIN, I made sure they sat us next to the jerks who pretended to be us! OH they ate fast and did not look up! ((enjoy your dinner is what came out of my mouth as they got up... do you think they would look at me, NO))

My table was stolen at the Old Spaghetti Factory in Vancouver, Canada.... and they say us Canadians are friendly.... BULL!

Ah thanks for letting me get that out! LOL!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:04 PM  

Oh my gosh, that is crazy. I would have found out who they were and thrown food at them all night.

Sometimes I am shocked at the rudeness of others!

Thanks for the note! Adding you to mine, also!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:24 PM  

You are a better person than I am. I would have said something to the losers and asked for a discount!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:16 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home