kitty pi

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

C'est mardi? C'est impossible!

My weekend went something like this.

Friday night: Me and Mr. Q did sushi, sake and grocery shopping.

Saturday: The Quilty clan arrived for - family. Fun. Filet Mignon.

Sunday: We took Quilty, Jr. bowling in the afternoon followed by dining and movie watching and 'Life' playing. There was a late night de-flea-ing of Pi.

Monday: Death Cab for Cutie made 'Plans' to add themselves to our CD collection. Excellent!! My semi-annual music purchase couldn't be better! Best $16 I've spent all year. The weekend ended with a relaxing lounge by the pool while I caught up on school reading and Mr. Q caught some more rays of death sun .

Through all of the fun and the abundance of goodness, we never stopped thinking about the people who are suffering in the wake of hurricane Katrina. We felt pretty guilty for having it so good. We made plans to help in every way that we can.

Hope your weekend was as good as could be. Hope your week is sublime, too. I'd love to hear how you are doing.

4 comment(s):

Hey Ms. Q - been away for a while. Sounds like you all are doing great.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:01 PM  

I don't think those of us who were fortunate to have a pleasant weekend should feel guilty about it, although I completely understand that feeling. I think we should feel blessed and thankful for every good minute we are able to spend with our loved ones because, as Katrina has reminded us, we never know when that good fortune could change. Those good times will sustain us in bad times.
Cheers,
LJ

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:15 PM  

What is your favorite kind of shushi? I love Unagi (sea eel) which they bake for a minute in the little toaster oven . . .

omg, soooo good

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:52 AM  

Glad you're back, DG!

You are right, LJ.

Philip, I love all kinds of sushi, but right now I am craving ahi. I prefer nigiri style (rice and fish) or sashimi (fish only) but have been known to devour many, many rainbow rolls and crunchy rolls. I don't think I've ever had Unagi so I will try that next time. Sounds really yummy! It's only 9 am and you are making me hungry!

By Blogger Anita, at 9:15 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home