kitty pi

Friday, August 26, 2005

This is either random or retarded depending on how you see it

I am writing-challenged today so for filler purposes only, here are five random thoughts for a Friday.


1. I went from an Adorable Little Rodent to a Maurading Marsupial and then back to a Rodent - all in one day. I was momentarily excited to see that I rose significantly in the ecosystem only to have my blogcitement crushed like the rest of my hopes and dreams. If you don't know what I am talking about - it's totally pointless and irrelevant but for people like me who are constantly seeking affirmation it's a source of both elation and strife - The Truth Laid Bare has a ranking system for weblogs called the Ecosystem. I started, like we all did, as an Insignificant Microbe, so it's been a thrill to make it to furry, four-leggedness. The problem inherent in following this silly thing is that the more readers I get (i.e, the higher the life form that I am listed as), the more likely it is that a) my writing has become mediocre way too easy to understand; b) I have finally started catering to the lowest common denominator; or c) aliens have abducted me and this is my evil twin writing here now.

Whatever. It was a surprise and an honor to be a Marsupial for part of a day. I think they need a Duck-billed Platypus category for those of us who are too brilliant and too enigmatic to ever make it to the Big Time and don't really fit in with the rest of the drivel out there. What do you think?

2. August is the most hideous month. August is the new Tuesday. Also, it's hotter than Hades here right now and my delicate constitution can scarcely cope. *whine*


3. Talent shows at work are just a bad idea. I won't elaborate on that.


4. I just realized why I cry when rent is due. It's not because rent is so expensive, although that is definitley a factor. It's not because I am too poor to pay it, although that is a matter of perspective. It's because rent coincides with PMS. D'oh. Anybody got any remedies for that?


5. George Bush is a wanker. I mean, it goes without saying, right? I haven't said it lately so for the record: George W. Bush is a Big Wanker. I wish I was more articulate but that is all I can muster today.


Told you it was all random. I will collect my thoughts and be back on Monday with something thought-provoking and/or hilarious. In the meantime, have some fun this weekend!

3 comment(s):

Talent shows at work? Please elaborate!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:51 AM  

oh no no no. Just imagine American Idol and the Gong Show meets the Special Olympics. It's kind of like that.

By Blogger Anita, at 10:02 AM  

Bush is the root of all evil. I'm convinced he's aking a BUNDLE on oil and gas right now while I watch my bank account dwindle.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:30 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home