kitty pi

Monday, February 28, 2005

goo mooning!

Update: Since you asked... Mr. Q did great on his exam. Yesterday was just one of several steps he has to take towards reaching a professional and personal goal. The best part of yesterday to me was just having him home. And how do I repay him? I go to class and don't get home 'til 10.30. One more way he rocks and I'm not worthy. Wait, this update isn't about me!

Bonjour! Hope everyone is having a swell day! Mine is fine so far but I am nervous for Mr. Q since he is sitting for an important exam today. I know he'll do well but I am sending my best vibes his way today anyway. Last night was the first night in over 4 years that we spent apart. He didn't want or need to drive 2+ hours to the test this morning so he stayed near there. I was really sad to be apart but I am glad that he didn't have to fight traffic and drive so far this morning.

Anyway, I don't want to dwell on that, I just hope everyone sends a positive vibe his way!

The weekend didn't turn out like I planned, no Peter Sellers movies, but it was relaxing. The most relaxing one in a long time. Except for Saturday night when I went to pick up Chinese food and it took over 30 minutes for me to get my order. I am not paranoid, but I swear Asian people hate me. Everytime I go get Asian food of any kind, I am either ignored, forgotten, or poisoned! Last month, we went to get sushi at a neighborhood sushi place. When we walk in, I get stink eye from the ladies. Then I order my sushi WITHOUT AVOCADO because I am allergic. The server repeats, no avocado. She tells the chef no avocado. I get my sushi and since it's a handroll I can't see inside of it. I take a big old bite, mmm, another bite, mmm, I mean ick, and then unwrap the roll. Of course, the roll is slathered in avocado. If I ingest one molecule of avocado, it sends me into fits of extreme abdominal cramps, followed by explosive diarrhea and sometimes, as a bonus, I get hives. The server is summoned to the table and we show her the roll. She says adamantly that there is no avocado. We practically rub it on her face but she still won't admit that there is avocado. Yada, yada, yada. Long story short, she never admits that they screwed up, never takes responsibility and never even offers to make me another roll. In fact, she repeatedly comes to our table after we said go away, gets really close to my face and says "There was no avocado on the part you ate! I know. I would never make a mistake". Oh my god, what is with you woman? I am not making this up. I wish I could eat avocado - I love avocado but it makes me sick. Anyway, we pay the bill and Mr. Q says we won't go back even for miso soup. So now we call it Psycho Psushi. Bummer, too, since it's the closest sushi place we've got. Anyway, why do Asian people hate me?!

The Chinese food was terrific even though it took a long time for take out.

We rented Garden State but then Forrest Gump was on TV so I still haven't seen Garden State. Who can resist Forrest Gump? Last night, I was on my own and so I did homework and watched the Oscars. Yawn. I think Clint Eastwood is such a stud! What a classy guy. Hillary looked marvelous. Morgan Freeman was a class act, as always. I might actually go see Million Dollar Baby now, even though I don't like the subject matter that much.

1 comment(s):

You should give MDB a chance... It is one of those films that I think a lot better the more I reflect on it.

And as for Garden State, watch it AS SOON AS YOU CAN! I understand if you can't tonight because Mr. Q is coming back home and you'll be, I'm sure, "making up" for lost time. But you need to watch it soon. Personally, my favorite movie of the year last year.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:08 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home