kitty pi

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

A menace to society?

It's Wednesday and instead of self-portrait day that I've seen around the blogs, I have decided to make it confession day for me. I rant plenty about other people and I would like to think that I am without any flaws whatsoever, but, alas, I am not. I am starting to feel the therapeutic effects of blogging, so in the interest of bettering myself and, perhaps, the world, it's time to reveal my first confession.

Sometimes I put makeup on while driving. OK. A lot of times. It's usually at stop lights, but it's still a bad habit. I need help, I admit it. I am a menace to drivers everywhere. I don't think I need to outline why it's a bad idea. Since my daughter has her driving permit now, I really need to stop. It is rather difficult though because after we've been driving for 20 years, we do tend to get a little complacent. Of course, I think I am a good driver, but doesn't everyone? Can't we all talk on our cell phone, drink coffee, smoke and drive all at the same time? Just because we can, doesn't mean we should.

Anyway, it's almost been a full year since my last car was totaled by a guy running a red light. I was shocked to discover how easy it's been for me to become lackadaisical again.

My resolution for February 23: I will not put makeup on in my car (unless I am parked, engine off).

2 comment(s):

Tho I don't drive in CA often, I will say "Thank you!" for those who do. Especially as you try to set an example for your permit-waving daughter. :-) Children can really help you clean up your act.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:24 AM  

I, too, will say thanks! But still, putting on makeup is better than reading the morning paper. That bugs the crap out of me!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:15 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home