kitty pi

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

gung hee fat choy!

It's a busy day today.
My son turned 19 today.


It's Chinese New Year. Hello to the Year of the Rooster and farewell to the Year of the Monkey. I liked the Year of the Monkey. I was born in the Year of the Monkey, as was Mr. Quilty. I met Mr. Q in the Year of the Monkey and we got married in the Year of the Monkey.

It's Ash Wednesday. I'm not technically or officially Catholic (just married to one)so I don't have to give anything up for Lent. Whew.

I emailed a post to this blog earlier this morning about my armpits but it is lost in cyberspace somewhere. That's not important, but it did happen today.

Our company just had a big photo shoot outside the office to commemorate our 60th anniversary. All that entailed was for us to stand outside in the beautiful sunshine for about 20 minutes. The girl next to me was whining the whole time about how hard it was to stand there and she said "Oh my god, I'm dying" about 10 times. I was about to smack her and say "I can make that dream a reality, sweetie" but I restrained myself. All that negative energy can't be pretty. Let's see. Sit inside the office, answer phones, do paperwork, and stare at a computer OR stand outside in the sunshine and smile for a camera. That's a tough one. And I am sensitive to sunlight so I can be a big whiny baby, too. I just generally like to keep it to myself.

Anyway, gung hee fat choy means something like "congratulations for striking it rich". So may you strike it rich this year, be it in love or in money or whatever you fancy most.


3 comment(s):

I've seen your picture! How do you have a 19 year old son?!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:07 AM  

*blushes* I was a child bride. Gotta love abstinence-only sex education!

By Blogger Anita, at 9:01 AM  

Rude Cactus beat me to it-I so agree, I can't believe you have a 19 year old! I swear (and this is not idle kiss-up) I thought you were in your mid-20's in that pic.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:53 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home