kitty pi

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Who saw this coming?

The coming crackdown on blogging | Newsmakers | CNET News.com

Admittedly, I don't do any serious political blogging, partly because I am still suffering from major burnout from the last election. I wasn't blogging then, but I loved the blogging aspect of it. There is a grassroots element that had been missing my whole voting life. As it gets closer to the next election, I will be more vocal here about issues and such... or maybe not.

What is this all about? You'll have to read the article because I am really not that articulate today. It seems the FEC is getting involved in regulating the internet, blogs, emails. Apparently, we should be worried about links, emails, quotes from campaign websites and a plethora of other things. It seems like a legitimate article and legitimate issue.


I first saw this via Mac.

2 comment(s):

They can try but I don't think they'll be successful. Trying to regulate the internet is much like trying to herd cats. Not easy.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:40 PM  

Whoa, what the heck is this country turning into, some police state?

I agree that they won't succeed, but they'll pick out enough scapegoats and the blogsphere will suffer as a result.

Or they could target hosts like blogger.com and force them to do censorship.

This news should be blogged extensively and some grassroots action be taken.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:59 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home