kitty pi

Monday, April 11, 2005

Fast Food Dream Number 2

You may or may not know that I am normally invisible. That is my superpower and I didn't even ask for it. Well, actually I think being a poor is my superpower but that's neither here nor there.

At least I feel invisible much of the time. Sometimes, I am not as invisible as I wish I was, but often when I am waiting for something, I tend to get overlooked. I don't know if it's because I am petite or because I am not very assertive, but lately it really does seem to take longer than usual to get attention.

Saturday was a splendid day. Mr. Q went to get his hair cut and I tagged along. Afterward, we walked over to the fast-food place near the salon and I ordered something to eat. Mr. Q didn't order anything, but since it was so beautiful outside, he got us a table outdoors. I waited inside. And waited. And waited some more. I went to the bathroom and there wasn't any toilet tissue. They fixed that problem right way. But I was still waiting for food. Other people were waiting also, so I know they weren't picking on me.

When I was the last person left waiting for food, a woman in a business suit gets up from the table next to where I was sitting patiently (I really was being patient because I am reformed). She hands me her business card and says, "Hello, my name is Sheri Miksa. I am the CEO of *this restaurant chain*. I can see that you are having a really long wait and we are not having a very good day here. I want to personally apologize and give you these coupons for free food. Please come back and give us another try."

Whoa! I rubbed my eyes and pinched myself to be sure I wasn't dreaming. Not only was I acknowledged, I was actually accommodated! By the president of the company. How often do you wish that would happen? I thought it was cool. Guess where I am going to eat tonight?!


*Plug of the day: Rubio's. All you West Coast people, go there for ono grinds. Stay because they have an outstanding CEO.

2 comment(s):

wow, that's really pretty cool. a company president who actually cares about the customers? go figure!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:21 PM  

I have felt invisible a lot too. I also get interupted a lot because I have a quiet voice. Drives me crazy.
PS-Is ther two "p"'s in interupted?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:47 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home