kitty pi

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Why is that?

I have decided that, much in the same way that a meal always tastes better when someone else prepares it, it is always more exciting to hear a song accidentally, or unexpectedly. Yesterday, on my way to school, I heard "Pulling Mussels From a Shell" on the radio. I was so jazzed! I realized that I had a Squeeze CD in my car so I popped it in. It rocked, and it took me back, but it didn't get me quite as excited as when I heard it on the radio. You know? Why is that?

9 comment(s):

It's the same way for movies... Last night "The Right Stuff" was on cable. I've seen this film 100 times, but it is always exciting to just sort of run into it. Despite my ever-growing DVD collection, there are movies (Like that one, and "Beautiful Girls", "All the President's Men") that I've just sort of avoided buying, because it is always such a treat when you happen across them.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:19 AM  

I was just about to say the same thing as Dylan. It seems that if you just happen across it, you'll just never get sick of it. It's always a treat. If I have a CD, I'll usually play it to death for a while and get sick of it. Then in about a year, I'll hear the song on the radio again and it will start the cycle all over. There is a lot to be said for suppressing the desire for instant gratification.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:09 PM  

Squeeze is great. You should try and find Gruppo Sportivo. You'd love them too. I heard an obscure one the other day too... "Ça Plane Pour Moi" by Plastic Bertrand. Over here (North America) there was a copy called "Jet Boy, Jet Girl".

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:25 PM  

I listened to "Ca Plane Pour Moi" yesterday also! I love that song. Are you psychic? I'll have to check out Gruppo Sportivo. I don't think I've heard of them.

By Blogger Anita, at 3:30 PM  

it's just like with you and the movie thing when it plays on tv...haha...i get annoyed at it haha...love ya anyways....it's weird but i was watching the news yesterday on the pope...it was really touching and moving.....and u know how i get so annoyed of the news since you watch it like 24/7 mpr counts too..the pope is an exeption though...i believe that even though not everyone is a catholic i think that they liked the pope in one way...he was the best..well thanx for getting me into the news haha....don't call me...i have hw...but i just wanted to make a comment about it....love ya

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:17 PM  

Gruppo Sportivo is probably kind of hard to find, but I could burn it for you from LP. Maybe for next time we get together...

I'm also guessing that you like XTC?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:12 PM  

Yes! and Yes! I am dying for XTCs Skylarking on CD. I used to have the vinyl and a cassette (way back when) but don't have either anymore and it is one of my all time favorite albums!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:32 PM  

I left that last comment. duh. Blogger is a booger and it doesn't like me anymore. Ms.Q

By Blogger Anita, at 3:33 PM  

The Gruppos Sportivo is LP so that'll take more doing, but I have Skylarking on CD. "Dear God, sorry to disturb you but...."

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:41 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home