kitty pi

Friday, April 08, 2005

Randomosity

First things first. Go see me play Match Game at Mikey's. I am excited to be a panelist. And you should go play too 'cause it's fun. Woo hoo. I'm gonna be famous now.

Secondly, I am feeling like a putz. I am having the worst semester ever. Of course, I have completely overstayed my welcome at community college so what does that say about me? Biology class is super easy, but BORING and French is tres difficile but I have an excellent teacher and I am learning French. The problem is that I am pretty impatient and half of the time, after waiting for what seems like an eternity for the other nitwits in class to answer questions, I tend to answer them which must make me look like a know-it-all or a brainiac or a nerd or an I-don't-know-what. It's not like I'm Horshack, but apparently, some people hate that I often "know" the answers (even if I am frequently wrong). I really need to try to keep my yap shut. But, at the same time... Why do they hate me? The really smart guy on the second row answers more questions than me, he participates more and his accent is flawless. But why don't you hate him too? Is it just because I am a girl? Why is it that it's only catty women who have a problem with me?

Last night, a girl I often work with threw a hissy fit when I corrected her during our small group session. I tried to apologize but she was a complete twat about it. Listen, chickee, if I thought you were an idiot, I would tell you. I am sorry I make you feel stupid, but I am not sorry for trying to do well in class. It's my education and I am taking the initiative to get the most I can out of it. If you resent me for that, I don't know what to tell you. And remember, no one can make you feel bad without your permission. I know you are only 22 years old but are supposed to be adults now, so get over yourself, defend your position if you disagree with me and quit acting like a juvenile. We have to be in this class for another month, and you know we'll have to work together so please just deal with it.

Thirdly, I really think people learning English should be discouraged from reading blogs, particularly mine. I love making up words and seeing made-up words, like Randomosity, but it has got to be confusing to people learning the language! English is hard enough for native speakers as it is, so I doubt we are helping matters by making up words.

Fourthly, I know a girl, who is not only an excellent writer but a really great human being, who started a blog and she should really have more traffic. My decree for the day: You should drop by for a visit and say hi!

Fifthly, being broke sucks. 'Nuf said.

Sixthly, they are playing "Such Great Heights" by the Postal Service on the radio right now. That song so makes my day. How can I be miserable when you hear that song? I can't! So, on that happy note, I am signing off and wishing you a fabulous weekend!

Bon week-end!

7 comment(s):

I joined in on the match game!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:14 PM  

Too funny! I especially like you "thirdly". How true, especially with all the literate-for-pretend people and their "should of, could of, would of". GAD! I wonder what the French translation of that would be?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:15 PM  

i'm too dumb for this blog and not in the other ones and this is why i choose to not to write in here....and i did write a shorter post...love ya...bye

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:59 PM  

put me in ur blogroll plz

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:59 PM  

Women aren't catty, girls are.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:24 PM  

Happy Weekend to you too...amazing how a song can change your mood. Have a good one.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:52 PM  

When I was in college I was at the top of my class and wasn't liked either. I couldn't figure it out. A lot of them made fun of me but what they didn't know is I had to study about 6 - 10 hours a day plus do class and the homework to get the grades I did.
It isn't right they way they are treating you. Just remember you are there to get an education, not to make friends. Hang in there. It will be over before you know it!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:08 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home