kitty pi

Monday, April 25, 2005

Weekend Re-cap

Let's see. Friday night was spent furiously searching for a pair of pretty shoes to wear to a wedding. Mission Not Accomplished. Apparently, finding a pair of shoes that a) matched my outfit, b) made my feet look pretty, and c) cost under $100 is still a pipe dream for me.

I spent the remainder of Friday night talking my sweet, buttercup-of-a-son out of joining the Army. No offense to everyone serving our country in the armed forces, but the Army is not appropriate for my sensitive and artistic son.

Saturday saw a 2+ hour drive with the Quilty clan squished in the back of a smallish car driven by Mr. Toad, a 4 hour wedding and reception, a sunburn, and a 3 hour drive home. I spent the rest of Saturday carefully explaining to my son that I will be kicking his ass if he joins the Army. I even got to talk to his girlfriend who thinks I rock and she and I have decided there will be a joint-ass-kicking if that boy of ours doesn't tell the Army recruiter to take a flying leap and pick on someone a little less vulnerable.

Sunday was basically lunch, homework, and grocery shopping followed by taking of the daughter to ER for a sprained ankle. I then got to watch helplessly as said daughter almost did a face plant (or two!) trying to walk on crutches. We got back home at 10:30 and I fell into bed an hour later.

Monday, exhaustion is setting in. I have a big project due at work on Wednesday, school at night, bills to pay, and doctor visits. Plus I am dog-sitting for my boss this week. That's normally a good thing, but this week it kind of throws a monkey-wrench into everything.

Chaos? Welcome to my life!

5 comment(s):

i don't understand why you need to talk someone out of the Army. i mean, they're sent to Iraq without supplies, they're deployed for longer than ever before, and Bush made sure to cut their pay, their hazard pay, their benefits, and of course, Veterans' benefits. why would anyone want to join that?

if he was truly defending our country, then hey, i'm all for that. but to join to be a pawn for an administration that cares only about profit, well... fuck that.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:27 PM  

The thing is, my baby is 19 and unemployed, and the Army recruiters have gotten their hooks in him and they are telling him a FULL ON LIES about how fabulous it is and how wonderful it will be and how he'll make so much money and serve his country, blah blah blah. They showed up at school, he didn't seek them out. He only wants a job and to make his parents proud. They are totally preying on him and exploiting his vulnerability. I know he doesn't really want to join the Army, but these recruiters are relentless. They are awful, horrible people. A pox on their houses!

By Blogger Anita, at 2:34 PM  

And believe me, he knows that nothing will make me more proud than for him to tell those recruiters to F-Off!!! I am so scared though. I hate this administration and this war more than the average person as it is. If they persuade my one and only son to join the army... I don't know, but it will involve some major flipping out!

By Blogger Anita, at 2:37 PM  

Wow! My life is a freaking bore compared to yours! I'm jealous of your sunburn - I haven's seen the sun her in Canada in about 5 months, maybe 6!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:30 PM  

I can't imagine my son joining the army. It makes my heart ache just to think about it.
Keep us posted on how this goes.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:46 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home