kitty pi

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Anti-dentites of the world unite

.
Yesterday, I said it was going to be a great week. Well, I forgot one small detail.

I am going to the dentist today. It's a long story. Um, not so much long as boring. I was just there last summer but I didn't follow-up with the appointments I was supposed to. Anyway, suffice it to say I am going this afternoon and about $1000 later I should have a pretty new crown on my molar and clean gums. And maybe one less wisdom tooth (the last one I own is chipped). I know they won't do anything today except tell me how my teeth are going to fall out at any moment if I don't have the most extreme and drastic tooth saving procedures. I expect that I will get x-rays and a lecture today. Next week, perhaps, and for the next 3 or 4 weeks, I'll probably be back for a weekly dose of torture.

The reality is, my teeth are great and they look fine. I do need a new crown and a cleaning, but, man, I get really annoyed with their histrionics. I floss every day and obviously brush. I will gladly pay for preventative maintenance and all that, but I don't appreciate the drama. Going to the dentist fills me with dread and anxiety. I just don't like to have anyone that is not Mr. Q putting things in my mouth. You know?!

2 comment(s):

I hope it didn't suck too bad!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:16 PM  

Of all the things I hate inthe world going to the dentist is inthe top 3. I get panic attackes just thinking about it. I know I have one tooth that needs to be filled and I have known for over a year but I just made the appointment the other day. I am dreading it. Really dreading it.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:20 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home