kitty pi

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Day at a Glance

7:00 a.m. Mr. Q, patting me on the butt, says "Time to wake up". Me: "OK, I'm getting up." Repeat 8 times at five minute intervals.

7:40 a.m. "Oh, crap". Get up. Scan the TV for 15 minutes looking for weather report.

7:55 a.m. Get in shower. Take world's fastest shower.

8:00 a.m. Blow dry hair and get dressed.

8:07 a.m. Notice deodorant residue all over black shirt. Try to wash off.

8:10 a.m. Grab cup of coffee, purse & backpack. Calmly walk to and get in car.

8:11 a.m. Say to self, "At least traffic will be good today since the kids have Spring Break." No sweat, I'll only be a couple of minutes late.

8:15 a.m. Spill half of the very hot cup of coffee all over self. Sit in pool of hot coffee for 3 minutes trying to figure out what to do.

8:16 a.m. Try to find phone to call the office and tell them I'll be late. Notice cell phone on the floor of my car - way past arm's length.

8:20 a.m. Arrive home to change pants. [Note to self: Mr. Q still sleeping. Must get job like his.]

8:21 a.m. Get back in car. Start driving sans coffee.

8:22 a.m. Call work with sob story.

8:30 a.m. Put on make up and smoke a cigarette. (I know. I know. But it's just this once!)

8:50 a.m. Arrive at work with dark pink capri pants, black shirt with only a tiny bit of deodorant on it and cute heels.

9:00 a.m. Read e-mail and check a couple of blogs. Print out tax forms.

10:00 a.m. Oh, crap. I can't believe it's 10 o'clock. Where has this day gone?!

Here is hoping your day is less clutzy, less tardy, and less slackery than mine!

5 comment(s):

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:57 AM  

This definitely sounds like my sort of day... minus the cute heels that is.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:04 PM  

Oohh...that sounds just like my day! Except the pat on the butt part. I was up way early!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:25 PM  

I get the weather delivered to my inbox every morning. I also have a little icon thiny on my bar at the bottom of my computer. I think I may be a little obsessive about the weather...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:09 PM  

Is it just me or does the hour before you have to get up go by in "super time" or something? I swear that the hour from 6am to 7am only lasts 15 minutes just to make me grumpy!

Father time sucks... for a varitey of reasons.

Gweny

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:49 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home