kitty pi

Friday, May 27, 2005

Friday Music Meme

Jofo the Mofo tagged me for this music meme. I certainly cannot live up to his music reviewing prowess, so I am simply answering the prompts without explanation. Music means so much to me, I can't even begin to explain! I should really write about it more.

Total volume of music files on my computer:

At work – none. At home, damn, I forgot to check. It’s a lot though.

The last CD I bought was:

Garden State Soundtrack

Song playing right now:

New Slang by the Shins

Five songs I listen to a lot, or that mean a lot to me:

Central Reservation by Beth Orton
Wendell Gee by REM
Old Friends by Simon & Garfunkel
Woman by John Lennon
Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley (does this song make everyone's list or what?)

Five People to Pass This On To:

I have never tagged anyone before – so, I would like to ask the newest girls on my block: Dafina Girl, Saucy, LJ, Christina, and the last one is up for grabs. I will not be hurt in the least if you refuse!

5 comment(s):

Q, nice choices there! "Woman" is such a great song.

Oh, and I had just forgotten all about "Old Friends". What a great one! I love the version that they sang at the 1981 Concert in Central Park where they incorporated "Bookends" into the end of it. That performance of that song seemed very special, since it was a reunion concert after having split up like 8 years before. It really seemed like they were singing about each other. Cool stuff!

Anyway, I applaud your musical choices.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:22 AM  

I love Beth Orton and have a totally happy memory attached to it. Also Woman, but it always makes me cry. You know I don't know Hallelujah. I'll go look it up.
Thanks for tagging me!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:42 AM  

'Up for grabs' - is it still? Can I grab it? ;)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:31 AM  

Sammy, mais oui!

By Blogger Anita, at 10:25 PM  

How can you not totally dig the Jeff Buckley song? It made my list too. You've got some excellent taste there. My favorite Shins has to be Past and Pending!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:30 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home