kitty pi

Thursday, July 21, 2005

This is totally random, like life

1. I know it's 5 o'clock when they play Frank Sinatra on the radio. They call it "the Furious Frank at Five" and today they played... "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!" That made me smile.

2. I went to the kitchen today to make a cup of hot cocoa and found an opened, half-empty pouch of cocoa. This brings up several questions for me. Who uses half of a pouch of cocoa and leaves the rest for someone else? At work? At home, maybe but not at work, people! How do I know that you didn't put some arsenic in there? Also, who drinks hot cocoa in July when it's 96 degrees outside?

Well, that last one would be me. It may be 96 degrees outside but it's minus 10 degrees in the office. I don't really want to wear a turtleneck and boots to work during a heatwave, but I forgot that everyone freaks out if it's one degree over 80 and cranks up the a/c. So much so, that many people have to turn on their under-desk space heaters. Brilliant!

3. This morning, I noticed that a flourescent light had been replaced in our bathroom at work. For about 2 weeks, we had a nice low-light ambiance in there because one of the lights had burned out. I dug it. Today, when I went to the ladies room, it was like "Close Encounters of the Third Kind". It is exceedingly bright in there. I need some Willy Wonka goggles. But, the light is kind of blueish-white so I don't look yellow-green anymore in there. I kind of look natural and pinkish. So, it's one of those mixed blessing type things.

4. I am meeting my groovylicious family for dinner tonight, so I must skeedadle.

Tomorrow: Adventures in Financial Aid!

3 comment(s):

At my work we have cream in those individual creamer cups. Someone uses half! WTF? What kind of nut-job uses half then leaves the rest of if for someone else?
Be very wary of half packs of hot chocolate. My guess would be aresnic too.

And apparently YOU drink hot cocoa in July! :P

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:00 AM  

arsenic or cocaine perhaps :P

i love hearing random christmas/winter songs in the summer.. it makes me want the holiday season very badly (minus ice storms and whatnot)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:29 PM  

My favorit radio station plays music that sounds like Christmas all year long! LOL! {happysigh}

And I'd not guess arsenic, but I'd not use it either!

Oh oh oh! LOL! Whenever they send out the email to "report burnt out lighting" I make sure to omit at least one... I've got lamps in my cubical if I want a spotlight for work. The warm glow of deficient bulbage is much more pleasant... ;-}

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:10 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home