kitty pi

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Tuesday Can Suck It!

That's right. I've never been a big fan of Tuesday and this particular one can just bite me. I don't know why I have such a hard time on Tuesday. On Monday, I am usually somewhat rested, in a pretty good mood and, most importantly, I am pathologically optimistic about the week ahead. I think it will be a fantastically good week. I believe that life is what we make it and that there is no point in living exclusively for the weekend. Every day should count! It's wonderful to be alive! On Monday, if you ask me how I am, I will usually say "Excellent! And you?"

Tuesday is a totally different story. My illusions about the week have been shattered. I am no longer in denial about the fact that sometimes work is drudgery. I am tired from staying up too late the night before. Whatever it is, Tuesday and I have never gotten along. If you say good morning to me on Tuesday, I am likely to say "Yeah? What's so good about it?".

Well, maybe I'm not that unpleasant, but inside I am in a really bad mood. I know I hide it well, but it's a lot more work to do so.

Wednesdays are cool though. I can deal with Wednesday and by then I have accepted that there are certain things we have to do to that we might not do if we really didn't have to. Thursday is great. Friday is fine. I am neutral about weekends. I mostly love them but they invariably lead to Mondays and the dreaded Tuesday so I have a tiny issue with weekends too.

I don't like Tuesday. I wish we could get along but 36 years of trying and I am about to give up! Why oh why does Tuesday have to be such a pain in my butt?

On a positive note, there was an update somewhere that I am not allowed to mention on this blog, and it is good. In other amazingly terrific news, Chris and Beth are having a baby this Friday. Wish them luck and love!

2 comment(s):

Thursday are the worst day in the world! Not quite the weekend, but you're tired enough to want it to be. Thursdays drag BIG time, and you're in no mood to get along with anyone...

... or is that just me?!

Congratulations to Chris and Beth! (I really should post this on their blogs, right?)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:11 AM  

You know, there's something "The Cure" about this post. Maybe we could switch it around and use your post for the lyrics to "Friday I'm in Love" in the future. Although "Tuesday Can Suck It", while being generally true and having the correct number of syllables, does not quite roll of the tongue in that Robert Smith-ian way. Hmmm, I feel a project coming on.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:11 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home