kitty pi

Friday, July 15, 2005

I want Candy!

Nothing much to report today. Life is good. I am glad it's Friday. This morning, while semi-dreading the fact that I had to go to work, I heard my Nasty-Ass Neighbor (NAN) hawking one of his patented twice-minutely (that's 2 times per minute, minimum) Mega Loogeys and it made me realize that I am happy to have a job to go to at all.

You see, for one thing, NAN is jobless (laid-off or some such thing). He lives with his ex-wife downstairs from us. NAN does nothing, as far as we can tell, but sit outside on his patio, smoking cigarettes and hawking the grossest sounding loogeys you have ever heard in your life. With our doors and windows closed, we can still hear the monstrous sound of phlegm being conjured up and spat out, presumably onto the ground outside the apartment. Dude is NASTY. And you should hear the farts that he rips sometimes, too! Epic-ly nasty.

Anyway, I am glad I have a job to go to since I would hate to be unemployed especially in light of the fact that I couldn't bear to be home all day listening to that. It makes me want to hurl.

Sorry to start with that. Just trying to count (and recount) my blessings for all the world to see. And as you can see, I have a lot to be thankful for, what with having a job and all!

Which brings me to the next topic (and there is no way possible to segue from that to this gracefully!): Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. We are so totally going to see this tonight. I know Johnny Depp looks really creepy and strange but I love this story and I can't wait to see Tim Burton's vision. The reviews so far are pretty decent and I have fairly high hopes for this. Wish us luck! I may give you a review on Monday. I love the Willy Wonka/Gene Wilder version, so it's a bit weird to think I might like this one better. Perhaps not. We'll see!

Also on the weekend agenda: tomorrow we are going to see JoFo the MoFo dazzle us again with his vast musical talent. Sunday is up in the air, as I have two conflicting calendar items. Otherwise, the weekend is looking okay. I hope your weekend is dazzling! Stay cool...

7 comment(s):

You'll have to take 5 minutes tonight or tomrrow to let us know how Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is; Justin is traveling from Lubbock to Dallas this specific weekend just to see that movie with me opening weekend!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:00 PM  

OK! I will try to do that... I am hearing that it is faithful to the book, so I can't wait!

By Blogger Anita, at 4:23 PM  

Not a problem, it 68 degrees here, on a warm day! Have fun at the movies!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:10 PM  

he lives with his ex-wife? AND You can hear all that? Ew. My downstairs neighbors used to fight all the time and I would turn off the TV and listen. Does that make me a bad person?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:10 PM  

eegghhghghgh!! That's repulsive! But NAN is so priceless!! My best friend would love you if she EVER used a computer! lol

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:21 AM  

Cant wait to hear what you think about the movie!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:23 PM  

I saw charlie today and thought it was awesome. Johnny did a great job... but Wilder will always be Wonka for me.. I don't know why...

what did you think?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:28 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home