kitty pi

Friday, July 22, 2005

Where have all the readers gone?

*tap, tap* Is this thing on?

*tap, tap* Hello?

Well, you've been a great audience.

It's been a pleasure and a thrill to write here.

I think I am in need of a break. I am starting to get into a big old blog-funk. I don't even know why anyone would read these inane things that I write. It's fun sometimes. It's a chore sometimes. I don't think I have discovered any brilliant insights into life lately. I've had a lot of pretty big changes in my non-blogging world lately anyway. Plus, the whole political scene is really depressing me. It seems like I just don't have a lot to add. The internetswebosphere is full of interesting, educational, entertaining things to read. You don't need me.

That being said, it won't be a permanent break. I think I just need to regroup, get a new name, a new look, and quit looking at my site statistics so damn much. Today, I see that hardly anyone has stopped by and, being the incredibly neurotic person that I am, I figure it's because I suck. Don't get me wrong! I love you all (the readers I have), but most of the time, I think you are just being nice! And I don't want a huge audience - I want a high-quality audience, you know? You know. Anyway, I need to go back to just writing for the sake of writing. I don't know what form it will take but if I don't do something new soon... I don't know but it can't be good!

With any luck, this funk is all due to the full moon last night and by Monday I will come around and be re-inspired to write something Fresh! Interesting! Not at all self-centered! Or not.

Have a great weekend, loves!

15 comment(s):

Don't do it!

There are two good reasons why your stats are down lately...

1) I was away yesterday :P

AND

2) I read all my blogs through an RSS application, and so the stats would not pick that up. I think that's increasingly true of people nowadays, with so many blogs to read. SO don't give up because of a lack of readers - that's BS. I love your blog, it is one of my favourites. Plus, my blog would miss your blog... would you part them so soon? ;)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:09 PM  

Aha! Those are good points! (How was your interview?) Thanks for the support. I know I can't stay away from my blog for long. I just don't have any inspiration at the moment. Work is a drag. Life in general is kind of hard. I need a haircut. Blah blah blah! I am just starting to feel like a whiner and that is so not attractive. My blog still loves your blog though. xxx

By Blogger Anita, at 3:16 PM  

oh please don't leave. I love reading your stuff. I never have much to read about either. If you are really wanting to take a break please don't make it a long one. You will definiely be missed.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:47 PM  

Hey, don't let those stats get to you. Mr. Cheeky has been going through the same thing (is convinced he has exactly 5 readers). It's just the flow of blogging, I think. As is not having anything to write about (something I've been dealing with quite a bit lately). Do what you have to do, but don't disappear completely!

Have a good weekend. :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:33 PM  

Putting aside the fact that I'd hate for your temporary blogging break to become a permanent one.

There is nothing wrong with taking a break. I have gotten in funks too, and when those times have happened, I've tended to try to write though them. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Take a break, if that's what you need. We'll all still be here when you get back.

And, just for the record, I don't read you just to be nice.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:29 PM  

Your commenters are All Right!

Breaks, like Naps, are great and indispensible pieces of Life. Do what's best for and Please do come back. You write beautifully and I just now found ya!

BTW, RFK is insanely mistaken in his Thimerasol attack. The Gov't and Big Pharm may indeed prefer to "follow the money" but dude's "research" is bogus to the max!

Follow the Links for the Whole Story. Orac Knows, not because he's better than anyone else, but because The Scientific Method corrects for our silly human "gut feelings" quite nicely whether we like it or not.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:37 AM  

Oh yah! I forgot to mention that you can use this trackin' tool to see your RSS stats.

Enjoy!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:40 AM  

I use an aggregator too, so maybe that's why stats are down.

I totally understand you though. Sometimes I'm convinced that I shouldn't be blogging when there are so many others out there that say what I want to, only better.

Take a break, but hurry back! We love you!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:50 AM  

Hey! I love reading your blog! I haven't been in a while cause I'm on vacation! I've barely had time to write on my own blog. Hope you enjoy your vacation. Maybe you don't need to stop...maybe you just need a blog makeover?? Maybe figure out something fun to keep ipw tih and write about.

Enjoy your break!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:55 AM  

I am right there with you and that is why I am on a blogging break. I have all sorts of personal shit I am trying to work through and blogging had started interfering with my life when it should be life interfering with blogging. I don't want to see you go either but enjoy your break and keep us posted every so often just so we know you didn't come down with some dreadful like polio or malaria. Love ya chickie!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:45 PM  

Stats are rubbish. Write the site for yourself, and blow off any worries that people aren't reading. When I started, I remember days when the only visitor to my blog was myself.

Just figure out where you want to go. If it's a chore, don't do it. If it's just to interact with people, perhaps post more, just an RSS feed (because people check them to see who's updating). I know how it feels to be blah about the blog, babe. When/if you come back, people will be here.

Love
Helen
Everyday Stranger

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:20 AM  

Maybe everyone is on summer holidays? My stats are down too :(

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:47 AM  

I use an aggregator as well, so my hits might not show up on your site meter. As Dylan said, I don't read you just to be nice. I enjoy your writings, and they are a nice little couple-minute escape from the daily grind.

I sincerely hope that you don't make this a permanent vacation from blogging. Your daily dose of humor and heart is always refreshing to me.

When and/or if you should change the name/location of your blog, please make sure you tell me where to go so that I can continue getting my Q on.

Best wishes on getting through your blogging funk. I will be there when you return (hopefully soon)!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:07 AM  

well, another reason your stats may be down is because you haven't pinged in a while. when you don't ping, i can't tell that you've updated, so i figure there's nothing new over here...

and... dude, we don't need no stinking brilliant insights or anything like that. we just need you to be... you. hell, if i wanted brilliant insight, i certainly wouldn't come here for it...

i keed! i keed!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:12 PM  

HAHA! That actually made me laugh out loud! I don't know how to ping, I guess. Is there a pinging service I can sign up for? I am such a lowly Blogger blogger and we don't have those fancy thingamajigs!

By Blogger Anita, at 2:27 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home