kitty pi

Monday, September 12, 2005

No shoes is... good shoes?

I didn't buy shoes this weekend. However, I fully intend to buy some tonight! I have decided on the argyle ones. Why the heck not? I am sure to regret it, but hopefully it will be the only regret in my eulogy:

Ms. Q, lifelong learner, billionaire, philosopher, winner of the Nobel prize for blogging and philanthropist, overcame poverty, abuse, illness and self-pity, to become one of the world's most renowned thinkers.

She lived and loved on her own terms and, accompanied by her beautiful and brilliant partner, Mr. Q, lived a full and adventurous life with no regrets. Except the time she bought argyle sneakers instead of a nice pair of black pumps that she really should have bought for work. She was unfortunately passed over for a promotion at work when the CEO of her company refused to take her seriously wearing argyle sneakers with her suits. [...]


I fully expect it to go something like that. Don't minor purchases sometimes require the most agonizing? It's so silly.

The weekend was awesome (despite the lack of shoe shopping). We celebrated our friend's birthday. We saw a lot of friends that we hadn't seen in months and had stimulating and thought-provoking conversations. I am the proud member of a group of smart and successful 30-somethings (and a 40-year-old non-virgin) that are all going/going back to college. Three of them are going to the same school as me and I am really stoked that we can share this alternative college experience.

Another almost-exciting event was the discovery of an ocean-front apartment for the right price (cheaper than we are paying now). We were practically boxing up our stuff in anticipation of apartment nirvana. When we met the landlord for a tour of the apartment, our dreams of ocean-front living were soon dashed. The landlord was a stepford wife, with a diamond ring that needed a wheelbarrow to transport it, and absolutely zero affect. The woman was a femmbot - there was no inkling of a personality or feelings. She blankly looked at us and nothing we said elicited a response of any kind. She lives on the property and would be aware of our every move so we really wanted to have warm fuzzies or at least a connection of some sort. The apartment was not what we dreamed it would be either. The ocean view was merely okay, but the apartment was tiny, tiny, tiny and had no patio or deck to sit on and listen to the surf. Very claustrophobic. It only had one small closet. And it had crunchy carpet. Plus, no pets were allowed so it was an automatic "no" for us. The list of negatives was long and the list of positives was barely one - ocean front. So, we're staying put for a while. Oh, well.

C'est tout! I have beaucoup studying to do so I have to spend my lunch hour reading books instead of blogs. Damn! Hope you guys are doing well. I'll catch up later!

xxxooo

5 comment(s):

You strike me as an argyle person so I'm positive you can pull it off! :-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:50 PM  

Michele to the rescue!


cheap argyles


then you'll satisfy your funky side and have enough left over for some black pumps. Viola! Major crisis solved, right?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:10 AM  

Michele - that is an excellent suggestion and I think I might just do that! Plus I saw some cute mary janes on the website and I really want them. Thanks! You rock.

By Blogger Anita, at 11:41 AM  

You MUST MUST MUST buy the argyle luarel green ones! They match your blog! After you buy them take a picture with you in them and post it on your blog.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:17 PM  

oh. i heart those argyle shoes. the first ones, not so much the payless ones, heh.

franci

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:52 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home