kitty pi

Friday, March 18, 2005

the post where I talk about nothing

I don't feel well today. I started to get a cough yesterday so I slept with Prince Nyquil last night. Today I have chills and aches. I think I must be getting sick. I don't do sick very well. I can't even remember the last time I was sick enough to stay in bed. I should go home and take a nap since my two bosses are out of the office and I am mostly caught up with my work. Except for the filing which I am hoping to put off until a) I die and it doesn't matter anymore; b) they hire a filing clerk for me so I don't have to endure all the hazards of paper cuts and the dreaded manila file folder cuts which are only slightly less painful than blueprint cuts; or 3) I get a wild hair up my butt one day and actually file something. It's not like it's a messy pile of stuff, it is very neat pile of paper so no body even realizes that I have filing to do at all. I am clever like that.

Anyway, where was I? Oh, yeah. Is this blog on? Am I boring you? I am boring me. I feel like I need something fresh and zany. Maybe a new tag line. Help me out. I was thinking of something like "Recycled with 25% Post-consumer Material". Or "Quilted for Your Pleasure".

Speaking of quilts, the teenage Quilty decided she should drive to school today. Driving her to school every morning is one of my most favorite things (HA!). Next to getting a root-canal, that is. It's basically one big cluster-fuck near the high school in the morning - a nasty combination of monstrous SUVs, cellphone-talking-teenage-drivers and pissed-off trophy wives dropping off their philandering husbands' children. I don't know what is more stressful - driving her to school or having her drive to school. I was thinking it might be nice. Man, that Nyquil really did a number on my brain! Since we have to pass through the intersection where I was smashed into last year, it's just not possible to achieve any state resembling anything close to serenity. She does need the practice. I just don't know if my nerves can take it. Not to mention my hair. At this rate of gray hair acquisition, I don't know if I can afford the hair color.

That's all for now... bon week-end!

5 comment(s):

Wow, Q, you dropped the f-bomb! You must be having an, ummm, interesting day. Good luck with your non-filing exploits. I have the same strategy at my desk. It makes me look all official, and stuff.

Anyway, have fun trying to avoid the gray hair. My wife is already getting it, but I have managed to avoid it thus far. I'm sure that will change as my children approach the driving age.

In the meantime, though, have a great weekend, and hope you feel better!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:03 PM  

Sorry you don't feel good! But use it to your advantage for a quiet weekend with Mr. Q on the couch with Pete Seller's movies. Feel better soon!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:06 PM  

LOL - I have a file in my filing cabinet labelled "To Be Filed", outta sight outta mind. I look all organized like when someone asks for something that I know I didn't file, yet I syill can pull it out of it's "file".

I hope you feel better soon!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:00 AM  

I hope you're feeling better!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:36 AM  

Most of my job is filing and I love it. I love putting things in order! Your boss can hire me.

I know about those damn paper cuts. I yelp out in pain and my coworkers always ask if everything is ok because I act as if I severed my finger by the way I carry on. Whenever I say it is just a papercut they look at me like I am over reacting but those paper cuts are awful.

http://seeking-serenity.blogspot.com/

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:17 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home