kitty pi

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Let's talk about the weather

The weather here today: Exquisite. It is absolute Perfection, with a capital P.

Since I am taking tomorrow off to run errands and vegetate, today is like Friday for me (woo hoo!). Me and Mr. Q are going to Las Vegas this weekend, sans kids (long, boring story), for the highly anticipated and much fretted about redneck, er, I mean family reunion.

I have a very fragmented and disjointed family. I haven't seen my grandparents in 13 or 14 years. I haven't seen my cousins in over 20 years. The last time we saw each other, we were kids. And of course, this will be the introduction of the Fabulous Mr. Q to the people who spawned me and vice versa. Hopefully, having weird relatives is not grounds for divorce or I am in big trouble! It really is going to be strange. It could be wonderful or it could be a complete disaster. I am hoping for wonderful, of course because, while I may be a malcontent I am also pathologically optimistic. I know my grandparents are quite intellectual and bohemian, so we'll have a great time with them. It's the rest that have me worried! I think if we stick to topics like the weather, we'll be okay.

Blogger has been all wiggy today. I had about a dozen things I wanted to say but by the time it started working again, I had forgotten. They were obviously of earth-shattering importance! Anyway, have a great weekend. The next time you will hear from me will be Tuesday when I will hopefully tell you that I am quitting my job and joining the peace corps thanks to the enormous jackpot I won in Vegas!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home