kitty pi

Monday, March 28, 2005

oh, the malaise...

The flu is ruining my life. I don't remember the last time I was a) this sick, and b) this depressed. I am generally feeling icky and achy but the worst part is the malaise. This is from the CDC website's clinical description of the flu:


Influenza illness typically resolves after a limited number of days for the majority of persons, although cough and malaise can persist for >2 weeks.
And this from google:


Define: malaise: A feeling of general discomfort, distress or uneasiness; an out-of-sorts feeling. (emphasis mine).

I knew last week that it was not the time to decide anything or formulate an opinion about anything because I just wasn’t feeling well, but I thought by now I would be back to my chipper, relatively happy self. I’m not. I am beyond miserable. I can work and my cough seems to be subsiding so that may be progress, but I just feel incredibly unhappy. My life feels out of control. And I don’t know what to do to feel better. That is the worst part. I feel like crawling under the covers and re-emerging next spring. I think I need therapy.

I did have a nice weekend and Easter was really beautiful, but I just had a hard time enjoying any of it. I don’t even feel like writing about it now. I just want to feel better. Mr. Q has been extraordinary, as usual, but I am afraid I am making him miserable, too. He waited on me hand and foot and treated me like a princess for the last two weekends and all the days in between, but I still feel blah. I should do something nice for him in return. At this point, I think just going away would be the nicest thing I could do for him. A long vacation from me is probably all he needs!

I really do hope that I snap out of this soon. I hate to be a whiner, so I won’t be posting anything positive until I feel happy again. Keep your fingers crossed that it’s soon. Otherwise, do yourself a favor and just take me off your blogroll now!

3 comment(s):

Ugh. So sorry you're feeling so icky. Take care of yourself and feel better soon.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:52 AM  

I'm not one of those followers of astrology or anything, but there are some amazing correlations between how you're feeling and the fact that we just had a full moon and that Mercury is in retrograde. I would not be able to explain it, but you should Google the Mercury thing. I'm sure it will enlighten you. Aside from all that crap, I hope you fell better soon. Flus are the worst!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:58 PM  

I hope you feel better soon! And NO! I refuse to take you off of my blogroll!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:28 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home