kitty pi

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Laura K. Somebody Gets Her 15 Minutes

Update: If you care, you'll have to go read the updates. I don't know if it's a hoax or not. It has obviously snowballed out of control for somebody and I am tired of updating.

This from Boing Boing: Link (via Waxy)
Update: It's an April Fool's Day hoax. Shannon sez, "the student doesn't exist, that school is a Christian school (that doesn't teach a course on Hinduism), and it's hosted on a comedy troupe's site that's trying to promote it's new show, and their webmaster is spamming blogs with their story under a variety of fake names."
Update 2: The people who posted this deny that it's a hoax, deny the spamming. You decide.


I found this link (originally) via SRWU. So, the scoop is this: basically a girl asks a guy (apparently randomly) to write a paper for her. The guy, Nate Kushner, agrees and documents the whole thing on his blog. Of course, he writes a pretty hilarious paper about Hinduism complete with Dharma and Greg references and not only posts the whole thing online, but reportedly emails it to the university president where Laura goes to school. It is really funny, even if it turns out not to be true.

Now, I have never been a huge tattle-tale or whistleblower (just a little one), but it really makes me angry when people try to cheat their way through anything. I know I should just trust in "karma" for them and they'll reap what they sow, blah blah blah, but it is really frustrating when I work hard for something and I see people screwing off and still achieving the same thing as me, whether it's a diploma or a raise.

I would love to find out what happens to Laura K. Pahl and whether she figures the whole thing out before she gets an F or expelled from school. Even if she doesn't suffer any ill consequences, I think it will suck to be her for a while since a Google search of her name turns up about a gazillion references to this blog entry!

1 comment(s):

um, i must be missing something, because i don't see what's so funny/shocking. or... wait, what am i supposed to be feeling?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:14 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home