kitty pi

Friday, June 24, 2005

News of the Day

The news out of Iraq today is heartbreaking. But did CNN have to use this headline? Bloodiest Day for Female Troops in Iraq. Come on. That's not appropriate. We don't need your clever word play today. Please be serious. This is a serious story and I don't appreciate any innuendo at all.

In other news, Tom Cruise is an Idiot. I semi-watched the Today show this morning while I got ready for work. I would like to know where he got his medical degree. It's already been said all over the internets. So, I'm not going to go there right now.

What pisses me off is that depression and other mental illnesses ARE chemical imbalances and they can and should be helped with medication where indicated and necessary. Depression can be fatal if left untreated. I know because it almost claimed my life once.

Here are some links for more in-depth information on depression. I have left off the links to pharmaceutical companies. I realize there are problems in the pharmaceutical system, but there are serious conditions that can be helped in some cases only with medication. You wouldn't treat insulin-dependent diabetes with just vitamins. You need medication. There is still a stigma associated with getting help for depression or any other psychological disorder. There doesn't need to be.

Since Tom Cruise is offering his unsolicited advice on a variety of topics, I'd like to offer my unsolicited advice to everyone and say - Stop listening to Tom Cruise.

4 comment(s):

chemical mind expansion is highly underrated..

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:30 PM  

I was just about to blog about the fact that Tom Cruise is looking to me, ironically, like someone who would benefit from some meds. Has he gone round the bend or what?!?

And give me a freakin' break! When he was saying "you don't know about psychiatry like I do. I've READ THE ARTICLES." Oh, well there you have it. He's read some articles. He MUST be qualified to give out medical advice on television. And the hypocrisy of him telling Matt Lauer that he was being irresponsible.

Sigh. What. an. Idiot.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:06 AM  

Tom Cruise Good. Medicine BAD!!... Scientology GOOD!!! Real people with humanly problems...BAD! (If I keep this up and recruit a few more of you...I promise I'll share the free toaster oven.)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:52 AM  

Tom who? (Just kidding). Yeah, this whole business about "you should trust me because I'm a famous person" is getting more and more ridiculous by the day. It reaks of the way that Frist tried to diagnose Schiavo from a videotape. I mean, make your movies, and leave it at that. Whatever therapy he's proffering is clearly not working for him. Deep! End!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:11 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home