kitty pi

Thursday, June 23, 2005

The Story of my Life

Ready for a pointless story? Of course, you are. Why else would you be here? hehehe. Damn, I crack myself up. The following true story happened today and it serves to illustrate the utter pointlessness of my job, if not my life:

I am expecting an important call today and while walking by the fax center at work, a mere 50 to 60 steps from my extremely luxurious and spacious cubicle I hear my phone ring. I pick up the call, remotely. The caller has the urgent information I am waiting for and they apparently can't wait for me to get back to my desk so that I can conveniently write it down. OK, no problem, go ahead. I grab the nearest, and incidentally the only, writing implement which happens to be a yellow pencil. It's not just yellow on the outside; it has yellow lead also. Simultaneously, I grab the nearest, and incidentally the only, writing tablet upon which to write the important information, which happens to be... drumroll please... a yellow pad! Hilarity ensues as I try to press the yellow pencil down really hard thereby making an impression of the information on the pad since I couldn't really read the notes I am writing otherwise!

For a second, I felt like I was being punk'd or on candid camera or something where everyone was watching what my reaction would be to this situation and laughing their butts off at my hilarious note taking escapade. Alas, no one noticed, as is my daily experience. Nonetheless, I can't help but feel someone somewhere has a sick sense of humor and laughs daily at my expense. Narcisstic? Perhaps! Aren't we all? Big deal? Not really. Just another case of simple things becoming more difficult than they need to be. That's all.

1 comment(s):

You know, it could have been worse. You could have had to use a white-out pen on copy paper. Or, you could have just been forced to scratch the message into your skin with a broken paper clip. Ah, the rigors of office life!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:16 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home