kitty pi

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Daily Grinds

As promised, my free food of the day update: I scored a piping hot plate of barbequed chicken breast with extra sauce on the side, garlic mashed potatoes, delicious cole slaw and a half of an oatmeal raisin cookie. Total cost: $.50 for a soda, which was totally optional.

Uh-oh. It just occured to me that now I can't feign total starvation and whine tonight when my sugar-daddy tells me that we're eating Ramen! I need to re-think this "what I ate today" bit. It's not really going to help me in the long run! How can I expect get sympathy when I am eating like a queen at work? On the other hand, it (the update) is helping me realize something important. All my life, whenever I needed anything, it has always been there. I've been dirt-poor but always provided for. Now, I am not dirt-poor, but I am not rolling in moolah either. I am one of those people who will get an unexpected bonus and then have complete, massive car trouble the next day. And, I am always glad that the money is there when I need it. I guess I'm kind of like Even Steven.

Oh, and the $3 I saved by not buying lunch today? I will spend it on my way home from work when I buy my evening latte. One more example of me not getting ahead! doh! But, life's too short to not drink a latte everyday!

4 comment(s):

But can you sleep after drinking a latte in the evening? I'm up forever when I do that. and I'm not even up and clearh4eaded like I was when I was in my twenties: I'm up and sort of hyper and tired and not thinking straight.

Free food = good food. I'm with you on the life's too short thing (she said, holding a bag with two new bras and a new pair of sunglasses.)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:17 PM  

I hear that! And free lunch!? Like that!!? I want to work where you work! :) I won't even start on coffee...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:31 PM  

Dafina Girl, my sleep drive is impervious to the effects of caffiene! A double shot of espresso at 6 or 7 p.m. will get me through until 11 p.m. A triple shot will keep me up though. It's scary how caffiene-dependent I've become.

By Blogger Anita, at 9:11 AM  

Coffee is very important and worth a great deal of sacrifice.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:33 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home