kitty pi

Friday, July 08, 2005

Six Months of Bloggy Goodness

Today is Dylan's one year blogoversary. Go wish him a happy blirthday. Get it? Blog + Birthday = Blirthday. Just smack me now and I promise to stop.

His blirthday (sorry) made me realize that I've been doing this exactly 6 months on Monday. But since I won't be anywhere near a computer on Monday, I have to post this ahead of time. I am taking the next 4 days off, so you'll just have to suffer through the day by reading my old posts. There are some gems in there, I am sure!

It's been a fascinating 6 months, I must say. I started it on a whim (and came up with my silly blog name) thinking no one at all would read this. Now, if I change my name, will you all still read it? And, do I write simply because you read? I don't know. I think I would stop writing if nobody read it.

I've gotten lots of encouragement and support and I've made some wonderful friends. I think my writing has improved in a sense, but it has probably de-evolved a bit, too. I'm not sure. I know I've been run-on-sentence-happy lately. But it doesn't matter too much. I find that this is an excellent form of therapy for me. It has helped me get back in touch with my sense of humor and it has helped me not take things too seriously which sounds like the same thing but it's not.

I have been in a bit of a writing rut lately, so maybe a few days off will be good. Go read the archives and tell me if I am better/worse/the same since I started this thing in January. If you would be so kind, that is! Y'all have a happy freaking weekend! I'll be back on Wednesday.

11 comment(s):

Congrats on 6 months... on Monday.

Taking time off is never a bad thing. The last thing you want your blog to become is a chore. I get there from time to time, and a nice break helps.

Keep it up, you're doing great!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:39 PM  

Since the ampersand is the 1 year anniversary gift, and I'm pretty sure they don't name a 6 month gift, I give you the percentage sign. %%%%%%%
Why? Because you are 50% of the way to your ampersand!
Happy 1/2 blirthday to you too!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:34 PM  

I love your blog! You're on my "frequent flyers!" :) (Like that's a big deal...haha) I also LOVE your design! I'd come here strictly for that if I didn't love it.

I rarely have anything interesting to say. I just post pics of myself and make fun of me! :) Keep blogging!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:21 PM  

I think you have a great blogs... definitely coming back for more... Keep up the great work!

I'm here from Humor Girls site!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:45 PM  

Nothing wrong with taking a break....lately I've even felt compelled to post something....daily...cuz it seems expected....lol.....enjoy your time away (Caught this site thru humor girls as well)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:35 PM  

Ms. Q ~ your blog is by FAR one of my favourites, and I love reading what you write - however simple and straightforward the issue. I know what you mean about taking a break now and again though, I hope it does you A LOT of good; I'm sure it will :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:42 AM  

I find that blogging is terrible for my grammar. I honestly can write complete, correct sentences, but blogging just doesn't encourage you to do it.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:23 PM  

Blirthday? You're quite the portmanteau queen lately! So, congrats on 6-months. I've enjoyed every moment of it. As always, I look forward to more.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:09 PM  

You rock, Ms Q. Glad you're around :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:04 PM  

Thank you Ms Q for your comments on Mikeys blog. I appreciate you giving me an opportunity to explain myself and be able to retract my comments. THANK YOU!
~April~

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:39 PM  

Thank you to everyone! Thanks Humor Girl for sending the peoples my way. That was sweet. I really wouldn't do this if I didn't think someone was enjoying it! You guys all rock!

By Blogger Anita, at 3:48 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home