kitty pi

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The Oracle has spoken

This is priceless. The Starbucks Oracle has spoken!

I make no apologies for being a Starbucks customer. After all, they started as a single store, a mom-and-pop if you will, and through mafia-connections a solid business plan and brilliant concepts as simple as good customer service, consistent products, and strong name recognition, they have grown and grown and grown and granted, they may take over the world, but who can blame them when they make a damn decent cup of coffee. My local neighborhood Starbuckseses are stellar in that they have awesome employees and they treat me like a friend, know how I like my drink, and occassionally reward my loyalty by giving me a freebie. I always know what I'm going to get and they are fast. Expensive? A teensy bit. But worth it. I don't really need gas for my car. Now, I'm not saying that I wouldn't go to a local joint if I had any near me, because I totally would. But I have few choices at the moment, so I'll take what I can get and I'm not going to hate them just because they are succesful.

My drink of choice lately is a Grande (or Venti triple shot) Nonfat Toffee Nut Latte with Easy Whip. When I plugged that info into the handy-dandy oracle slot, this is how he replied.


Behold the Oracle's wisdom:

Personality type: High Maintenance

You pride yourself on being assertive and direct; everyone else thinks you're bossy and arrogant. You're constantly running your mouth about topics that only you would find interesting. Your capacity for wasting other people's time is limitless. Your friends find you intolerable, that's why they're plotting to kill you.

Also drinks: Water. Bottled, chilled, with four ice cubes, a twist of lemon, in a crystal glass.

Can also be found at: Trendy martini bars




Yeah, I guess the truth hurts. It's probably true, especially about my friends. Add my kids to that statement also. I haven't been spotted at too many trendy martini bars lately, unless you count my house, but if I could, I probably would!

[link via Feministe]

3 comment(s):

I'm a hippie. I may also be found at Whole Foods, or an Indoor Rock climbing facilities. Although, the drink i used to have would make me high maitneence...the drink i want to order makes me an Asshat.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:32 PM  

I'm a double tall white chocolate mocha, myself.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:13 PM  

I also bow before the Starbucks altar. I do not apologize for this. I am a grande white Americano during the Spring and Fall. In Summer, I am a grande light mocha frappucino. And come the holidays, I love me some grande gingerbread latte.

I love my Starbucks.

I have no shame in admitting this either.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:11 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home