kitty pi

Monday, August 01, 2005

A case of the Thumpers

I've been getting a case of the Thumpers. You know,

Thumper: [clears throat] If you can't say something nice... don't say nothing at all.

That's a problem because that leaves me practically nothing to write about!

I want to like people and I want to spread joy and happiness everywhere I go, but lately people have really been getting on my nerves. I mean, not just getting on my nerves, but really making me feel a wee bit hostile. And then I feel like a bad person because I have no tolerance for annoying people.

I think a 'no tolerance for asshats' policy is appropriate. I think a 'no tolerance for stupidity' policy is also acceptable. But this is worse. It's just people that annoy me and, again, I am feeling like a really mean person!

You think I am exaggerating? I know I will regret putting this is writing. It will probably come back to haunt me. But I have to give some examples. Maybe someone can help me overcome my extreme irritability (and before you get all "are you getting you period?"- Yes, I am getting my period, but this goes back further than the PMS, thankyouverymuch.

Exhibit I, People who annoy me:
  • my retarded neighbor - constant talking, laughing, being nosy, whistling, being nosy some more, never shutting up.
  • her pothead husband- who collects her disability checks. Wow, you actually got a job last week? Good for you.
  • my sick neighbor- hawking and spitting the mega loogeys (TM) morning, noon, and night. Not having a job.
  • my young neighbors- Monday nights are not for partying. You'll figure this out when you get real jobs.
  • interns - the world does not revolve around you.
  • everyone on the freeway - you need a bigger truck. And you need to drive like more of an asshole.
  • everyone at the supermarket - you need to talk louder on your cell phone, walk slower and park your cart right in the middle of the aisle more.
  • everyone at the bank - I know you hate your job, but would it kill you to say 'hello' to your customers?
  • everyone everywhere - everyone just seems so whiny it is starting to affect me! I try to be impervious to your negativity but I think you are starting to win. I am officially starting to loathe everyone!
You want to save humanity, but it's people you just can't stand - John Lennon

/rant

5 comment(s):

Did John Lennon say that?

That is awesome!! I've never heard that quote before... but I get it... totally.

Ah... let it all out Q... sometimes you just have to rant.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:53 PM  

I can relate Ms Q.

It comes and goes and probably always will.

"We're clever but we're clueless" - Jack Johnson

Namaste

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:39 PM  

Amen, sistah! I'm with you on being annoyed. In fact, you just inspired me to try and come up with my own list of people who annoy me later today!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:16 AM  

lol...did you see my list of things that made me cry the other day?? I think mine may have been PMS, MS related though... I was a mess last week! lol...totally feel for ya.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:07 AM  

Excellent list - especially the morons in the big trucks. I live in Center City Philly, where the streets are quite narrow. Those bastards in their giganto-mobiles make me nervous.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:39 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home