kitty pi

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

When "sick and tired" isn't just an expression

You can cancel the APB. I am back. As you may have imagined, or not, I was sicker than a dog and on my couch, watching endless coverage of Terri Schiavo for the last 4 days. I managed to function relatively well on Saturday and even went out for sushi with Mr. Q and his sister, the Rockin' Ms. S. I was suffering from a wicked, dry cough intermittently, but mostly just when I wanted to talk. After we drove home, I fell into bed and crashed hard. That's when the real fun began. Fever. Cough. Couldn't breath. CQ almost took me to the hospital.

I managed to roll out of bed sometime Sunday afternoon but I didn't do anything but sip some soup and go back to bed later that night. Monday came and I couldn't even imagine standing much less getting ready for work.

More couch. More Terri Schiavo (that poor woman). Showered and dragged myself to class. Sat in class for two hours listening to the stages of sexual response which would normally get me excited but didn't.

Tuesday was slightly better than Monday. At least I could stand up. But my legs felt as if I had just run a marathon - all jello-y and weak. I discovered something. You know how there are days when you feel kind of crappy and you argue with yourself about going to work or taking a sick day? I realized that when you are really sick, there is no such discussion with yourself. You just do it. There is no question. So, I guess if you have to ask, you should probably go to work.

My fever finally broke last night, and now I am back at work and feeling fabulous! Well, not fabulous, but a lot better. The craziest thing was that I wasn't hungry at all for the last 5 days. Suddenly, I am famished! I must be healed!

3 comment(s):

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:14 PM  

u forgot to add what happened last night with the teenage quilty and her driving haha (scary)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:16 PM  

Hey Ms. Quilty,
I finally had the time to take
a proper look around your site.
You are so awesome and I have been
lucky to work with you these past 2 years. You and Mr. Q rock. Glad you are feeling better. Me too. I was down for the count for over 3 days. Dumb germs.
Ms. Canadian

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:44 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home