kitty pi

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Now with even more insecurity!

Great! One more thing to feel insecure about. I found this Readability Index Calculator for blogs on someone else's blog and now I have a major complex. Apparently, I am writing on a 3rd grade level. On a positive note, I am 83% readable. So, while my overuse of one-syllable words is alarming, even to me, I guess it's more likely that a mainstream audience would be able to comprehend what I am saying. I know that doesn't make it any more interesting, but I can hope. Actually, wait, what am I saying?!


RESULTS
Total sentences: 589
Total words: 5,068
Average words per Sentence: 8.60
Words with 1 Syllable: 3,777
Words with 2 Syllables: 884
Words with 3 Syllables: 286
Words with 4 or more Syllables: 121
Percentage of word with three or more syllables: 8.03%
Average Syllables per Word: 1.36
Gunning Fog Index: 6.65
Flesch Reading Ease: 83.14
Flesch-Kincaid Grade: 3.80

You realize what this means. More syllables! I am going all polysyllabic from henceforth! It's surprisingly more difficult than one would imagine. Just try writing a sentence using only 3- or 4-syllable words. It's hard. Exceedingly difficult and challenging. Help!

3 comment(s):

I say the calculator is a dumb head!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:28 PM  

That's alright, I've aparently only written 376 sentances for 78.62% readability at a 5th grade level.
I'm a grad student for Christsake!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:58 PM  

Gunning Fog Index? What? Flesch Reading Ease? Is that related to the flesh eating disease? (That's actually what I thought it said at first.) Who are these people, and why are they trying to make us feel stupid? Damn the man!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:40 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home