kitty pi

Monday, June 27, 2005

Brainy Blogging

This could be interesting. So, go. Take the survey. It's MIT, so it has to be good. Plus, I originally saw it at Mikey's so you know it's a worthwhile endeavor. He has never led us astray, ever.


Take the MIT Weblog Survey


Speaking of interesting, I had an interesting weekend. Here is a synopsis:

Friday night: Mr. Q and I met our first ever blog-friend in person, who is known in the internetswebosphere as Jo-Fo the Mo-Fo. We went to a gig of his. He rocks! He is seriously talented. And I'm not just saying that because he reads this blog. JoFo has a gift and I hope he does get a recording deal one day (soon) because he is that good. Also, he is super nice, funny, smart, and cool! He has a very pretty wife, and adorable baby, too. I think we might be friends! =) We talked and laughed between sets. Watched and listened and felt the music during sets. It was a great night.

Saturday night: Went to dinner in Beverly Hills at a very nice home of an aquaintance. I am so not white trash, y'all!

Saturday night, continued: Got home late from a lovely and charming dinner. Stayed awake the whole rest of the night due to simultaneous drunken fights/altercations/domestic violence taking place at our neighbors' (several all at once). Sheriffs were called. We watched our very own live episode of COPS. Must re-think white trash status. Fortunately, no one was seriously hurt. Young people really need to be taught how to handle their liquor. I'm just saying.

Sunday: Sunday was kind of a blur, but I think I roasted a Turkey. Yeah, I'm pretty sure there was roasting involved. There are only 180 shopping days until Christmas so I must have been trying to get psyched up for it before the Christmas displays and decorations go up in the stores (any minute now!).

Anyhoots, Happy Monday!

5 comment(s):

What Ms. Q. won't tell you is that I paid her a handsome sum of cash to tell y'all that. Oh, and just so y'all know, Ms. Q. and her Mr. Q. are actually just as cool, nay, cooler than their respective web personae. It has been a LONG time since my wife and I have met people so genuinely nice. So, if you ever have the chance to meet the illustrious Q's, mark a date in your calendar books.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:46 PM  

pshaw! Jo-fo, you are too kind!

And, while I may seem like I am hard up for cash these days, I never say nice things about people just because I'm on the payroll! Well, except maybe my bosses, but only when they are within earshot.

Speaking of, and this is totally, sort of, off the topic, but as a supplementary post to my post, if I am a little scarce around here for a while it's because we have employee evaluations coming up at work! I don't think it matters much, but I need to start smooching some butts, er, I mean,
looking busy if I want a good one!

By Blogger Anita, at 3:59 PM  

Sounds like a good weekend... I worked...wrote...and slept. Did I mention i ate..A LOT!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:54 AM  

"Young people really need to be taught how to handle their liquor."

Amen.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:01 PM  

Cool, thanks for the link - something else with which to waste time while my boss is out of the office... I hadn't made it over to mikey's blog yet.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:56 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home