kitty pi

Monday, June 06, 2005

Ch-ch-ch-check me out!

I am guestblogging this week over at Something Requisitely Witty and Urbane. Dylan is going on vacation and I begged asked him to let me be a guest blogger. Check me out there. You might learn something new about me or about the world. And you will probably also get to read insightful posts by other people who are even more fascinating than I am (as if that's possible!).

The other thing to check out is that I went to an engagement party yesterday at a beautiful house in the town where I live. That's not the cool part. It turns out that a cousin of ours (no slouch himself) is marrying into a fast food dynasty and the patriarch of the family and the owner of said fabulous home was none other than Carl Karcher. West coast people may know who that is. If not, they will at least know what Carl's Jr. is. Most recently in the news for their controversial Paris Hilton commercial (which by the way, I am sure that Carl Karcher had nothing to do with). This guy is an American success story, and despite reading about some unflattering affilitations early in his life, he is a genuinely nice man with a lovely (and huge) family. He and his wife, could not have been more gracious and welcoming. I am not usually easily impressed, but...dude! I was at Carl Karcher's house! I shook his hand.

When not rubbing elbows with rich and famous people, I was being pampered by my beautiful husband. He rocks! This is the best Monday ever because I am rested and he pampered me so much. I love me some Mr. Q!

1 comment(s):

well, since you're "in" with him now, i think you should tell Carl to back down off the super super fatty foods. burgers that are over 1000 calories? dude, i love me some fatty food, but that's freakin ridiculous.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:14 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home