kitty pi

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Post-Anniversary Wrap-Up

Why I should not be allowed to drink a margarita on an empty stomach:

1. I might dine-and-dash*.
2. I might go to the market afterward and forget to buy coffee for the next morning.**
3. I might leave the moon-roof of my car open on a night when it rains. ***

*In our defense, we were there a little over an hour. It's the kind of place where you seat yourself. We sat down before happy hour was over. Someone walked by about 20 minutes later and said your server will be so-and-so. She never acknowledged our existence even ONCE. But she did wait on a lot of people who arrived after us.

We finally went to the bar to order two drinks and a basket of bread. We tried to pay the bartender and he said to just go back and sit down. Someone else brought our drinks and bread and, without a word, dropped them at the table. Our server still never came by. We tried to go in and pay at the bar, but no one wanted to help us there either. We didn't have cash on us so we couldn't just leave some at the table. Eventually, we just left. Apologies to everyone who has ever been ripped off by thoughtless assholes. We weren't being assholes, we just couldn't get any attention.

The margaritas were really good though.

** Yes, with a mighty buzz on, we went to the market to get a few items. One being coffee for the morning, without which I can scarcely function. The other important item - notebook paper for the Teenage Drama Quilty. I walked in the house and proudly announced that I bought the paper she had asked for. In a funny and maybe karmic twist, the coffee never even made it to check out line. The paper did- but we forgot to scan it and pay for it. It was still sitting at the register of the market when I went in this morning in my caffiene-deprived state. So, now the paper is at school with the TDQ and I finally got a cup of coffee.

*** I think we opened the moon-roof to the pop-up position last night on our way home. I forgot to close it and what do you know - it rained last night. Luckily, the rain mostly stayed on the outside of my car. I am afraid I'm going to get a funky musty smell in my car now from the dampness. Bummer. More payback, I am sure!

The rest of the night was great. We had cake and we didn't vomit! It was actually pretty good. And he liked my gift - a new shaft for the 9 Iron that I broke last year. Since his set of clubs can't be replaced, I had it re-shafted and re-gripped and I think he was really happy about it. The guys at the golf shop pretty much told me not to use his golf clubs ever. I am prohibited from ever swinging that 9 Iron again, but I am glad to see it back in his bag again - in one piece.

4 comment(s):

Dine and Dash huh? My image of you is from this point forward forever tarnished! (I would have left too.)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:49 PM  

LOL - it sounds like a fun night was had by all ;)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:00 PM  

So sorry for taking so long to say it, but Happy Anniversary to you two!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:58 PM  

TDQ. I love it. You know, a night without puking is a good night indeed. Happy Anniversary ;-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:33 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home