kitty pi

Monday, June 13, 2005

Clueless in California

I am sort of cross-posting this here and at SRWU. Since every one in the office has run to the lobby to watch the Live! Michael Jackson! Verdict! on the giant plasma screen tv, I am taking this opportunity pick the greatest minds in the blogosphere. (That would be you!).

Here's the deal...

Recently, there's been a bit of crazy in my life and I am starting to seriously fantasize about running away with this guy and doing something completely new. I am in a rut, and also going nuts, if that makes any sense.

We are not going anywhere anytime soon. Just for the record. In case my friends, family or co-workers stumble upon this entry.

But! If we did go somewhere new, where should it be? I am curious if you now live or have lived in a place that you think is *perfect* and why you think it's perfect. What makes your city/town/village/'burb/tent the best? Knowing what little you know about me, do you think I would like it? Or, where is your fantasy move-to place? And, why?

Perhaps you don't have a place in mind, but a way of life. For instance, have you traveled around the country by bus or train or Winnebago? Been in the Peace Corps? Joined the Foreign Legion? The Witness Protection Program? I am taking all kinds of suggestions. Just for research purposes, of course!

Leave as much or as little detail as you are comfortable leaving. Nominate a city or region or lifestyle that you think I might love. I know I am not the only one who is itching to start somewhere new, so you'll be helping out others, too! Won't that feel good? So, tell me where I should go. Wait. Let me rephrase that. Tell me where I should go, unless it's to hell, and then just skip it because I'm not interested!

For reference, I have lived in Fort Worth, TX; Honolulu, HI; Seattle, WA and all over southern California so I already know what those places are all about.

Let the commenting begin!

5 comment(s):

Definitely northern Virginia, just outside of DC. Terribly interesting place to live plus? Surrounded by cool bloggers. And honestly, there are some cool little towns just outside the area that still have a very small town feel. Yet they're still close enough to all the good stuff. Those would be wonderful places to live.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:32 PM  

Just above Seattle on Vancouver Island. Mild all year long, lots of trees, lakes, the ocean and mountains. Lots of great malls and one American dollar can but your Winnebago! And (most) Canadians are nice.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:07 PM  

I'm hoping the DC area is nice...I'll let you know! ;)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:24 AM  

New England! Especially NH and ME. Gorgeous landscape, gorgeous shores... loveliness.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:44 AM  

dude. if you move to Vegas, i'll come visit all the time. no, seriously!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:45 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home