kitty pi

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Title? I don't need no stinking title

You will never guess what, or who, this post is about! Duh. It's me. I know it's 'all me, all the time', but it's the only subject I feel that I have any authority to write about.

How are you anyway? That's nice. Enough about you, back to me. I did something highly unusual today-- I went out to lunch. To be specific, I went out of the office and picked up lunch. I am eating it at my desk right now.

What I learned: Lunch food has gotten a lot more expensive and, unless I have premature Alzheimer's, it's gotten a lot smaller, and also not so good tasting. (Mikey touched on this topic recently).

Prime example: Schlotzsky's Deli. I used to lerve this place. Yummy, yummy sandwiches. Today, much to my chagrin, a small sandwich is $5 something. No big deal, their small sandwiches are huge and fill me up! That is, they used to be huge and fill me up. I ate this one in like 3 bites. It was ok. I would eat another one, if I had it. But, after a drink and chips, I spent over $6 (that I shouldn't have spent, but that's another story). And, I am still hungry. As Cartman would say, "godammit!!"

On an almost entirely different note: Do I sound cranky? I'm not. But one of my peeves is women with long, fake french-tip fingernails who feel the need to pound on their keyboard in the most grating manner possible, pretending to type as fast as possible but screwing up because of their fake fingernails and, don't tell me you're not because I can totally hear you hitting the backspace key repeatedly. Well, my co-worker is notoriously bad about this and she doesn't care that it is disturbing to everyone around her and if you say something to her like "You need to type louder because they can't hear you in the next building over" she takes you literally and types even louder. And she sits at least 15 feet away from me. As someone said once, it sounds like a squirrel on crack over there in her cube.

I need some Midol.

3 comment(s):

*takes a huge handful and then passes the Midol to Ms. Q*

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:25 AM  

You forgot that Cartman would also say, "screw you guys, I'm-a goin' home".

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:56 AM  

Title? How 'bout "Cubicle Hell" or "Cuticle Hell"? At least this entry makes it sound like you work in a cubicle environment (aren't they all in some way)?

I don't eat lunch anymore for the exact reasons you listed. And while I understand this blog is all about you (very cute!)--here's what I do: grab a handful of whatever crap is floating around the breakroom to tide me over until dinner. Where I will then consume more food than i should causing me to undo the top 3 buttons of my pants and then fall asleep with my hand stuffed down the front of my underwear to support my belly. But hey, that strategy isn't for everyone, i guess...
I Dig this blog!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:28 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home