kitty pi

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I'm a lurker. You're a lurker. We're all lurkers!

I was visiting Feministe (which I often do, 'cause it's good) and discovered that Lauren and some other miscellaneous people have declared today "Delurking Day". There is no official delurking day that I know of so why not make it today?

What is a Lurker, you ask? It is a person, not unlike myself, who reads often but doesn't comment. In my opinion, comments are totally optional ( and lurking is totally acceptable) so I don't want anyone to feel like they are obligated to comment. Ever. In fact, I comment only occassionally elsewhere because I don't always have time to write a thoughtful comment, and/or there is nothing to say, and/or everyone else has already said it.

With that said, I've been in a wee funk this week (not feeling the love at work, if you must know) and it would make my day if you just said hi. I really like knowing who is reading this drivel and what they think. Is this like a trainwreck? I feel like I've really lost my touch lately.

I've noticed, too that I've lost some readers. I don't have that many so I really notice when someone stops visiting! That makes me a little sad (and a little neurotic) since I don't know if they got bored or they got busy or just forgot. Whatever. One of them was in Alabama and I figured they have their hands full with post-Katrina stuff. I hope they are ok. (They had an army.mil IP address.)

That's it. Make my day - tell me something good!


(Please.)

22 comment(s):

Oh, Q. You know I'm not a lurker, and you know you wouldn't lose my readership if you called me a big, fat idiot right to my face. It's at least the truth.

Anyway, I'm wishing strength to you for the rest of your hectic week. And if you're underappreciated at work, know that we who read you appreciate you enough to make up for those morons.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:47 PM  

Does this make me a lurker?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:21 PM  

cixocHi!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:27 PM  

HI....I'm a lurker and a fan

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:52 PM  

Jo-fo, you crack me up!

Veronica, Beth and JJ, welcome to my humble blog and thank you for saying hi!

By Blogger Anita, at 5:31 PM  

Well you know I am not a lurker but I thought I would say hi anyway!
I dropped the post card for Josh in the mail today. Should be there in a week or so.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:38 PM  

Hola, Senora Q... ¡sea feliz, amigo!

(feeling Spanish tonight, I guess)
LJ

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:42 PM  

I just followed the link from Barbara's blog. But I've been here before. I like your blog.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:31 PM  

Hey Q! It's Lori...I love your blog and should comment more than I do...I usually don't on account of the supreme crippling exhaustion that IS my life these days....

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:29 PM  

You're pretty. How's that?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:14 AM  

I'm no lurker but I'm going to say howdy anyway Ms. Q. Snap out of the funk!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:14 AM  

since entering into corporate america i have become a compulsive lurker during the day. thanks for giving me something to read..

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:50 PM  

I always wonder too how I get a bunch of hits and 2 comments. Would it kill people? I SO get it. :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:12 PM  

screw that. i'm gonna keep lurking.

oh. wait.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:34 PM  

*waves* :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:24 AM  

Hi! (I'm not a lurker, but haven't had a lot of time for visiting lately)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:04 AM  

I am a lurker, and love to read your blog. I live in Dallas and my husband is from Southern California, so your posts sometimes are very relevant. Even if not relevant, always enjoyable!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:28 AM  

Well, I just started to be a Bolger/Lurker person and except for a friend or two I do not thing anyone reads my stuff… you know, I did this test thing… I would smile whenever I felt really bad. Just force myself to smile and keep on smiling and after a while I started feeling better for no apparent reason.. I thought mmmmhhh that’s something…

So I came up with this theory….
So you smile, right, then your subconscious brain starts thinking: hey, there is physical reaction going on behind my back, I did not authorize this reaction, so hey everyone there, wait a cotton picking minute ( oh now you know I live in Texas…) if this smiling shit is going down I must be happy… so hey thalamus, get producing those happy chemicals.. no one puts one over one, so there!!! And just about then you start feeling better…. Worth a try… worst that can happen is: ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:25 PM  

Oh and yeah fun reading... and I tried just today to see if anyone is reading my stuff by putting a post out there saying...

Comments here

Nothing so far

What is it that we want? Be anonymous but still share ourselves with the world that seems not to care most of the time.. I thought mmmhh just put it online instead of my paper journal… but I find out there is more to it… what is it?

I think I will post this comment … it is kind of mention worthy… to me it is, so there!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:35 PM  

lurk is my middle name. just found you through blog exchange. I am a novice - an empty headed novice and lurk daily to learn from you all who know what you are doing!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:37 PM  

The NEW PARADIGM for ACTIVISTS:

"Are you a WORKER or are you a LURKER?"

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:46 PM  

haven't been here in a while - glad i refound you!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:26 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home