kitty pi

Friday, September 23, 2005

Tell me all of your problems

Not you! (Well, only if you want to. You are welcome to tell me all of your problems - the first hour is free.) I am talking about my car. It is a really great car (it has heated seats!) and it is smarter than most people I know, as well as more communicative. Low washer fluid? It tells me. Brake light out? It tells me that, too. Time for service? Fuhgedaboudit - it's not letting me off the hook until I get that service (which I always do). My car's superawesomemegaintelligent computer will report the most minor issue and it will keep on telling me until I do something to remedy it. It's like the naggy wife I never had.

Last Saturday, as we were driving home from Palm Springs, it started acting a little funny. It was sort of chugging/speeding up/slowing down very subtely but noticeably; it's kind of hard to explain. (I realize now, I should be telling my mechanic and not the internets about this.) Anyway, it happens only intermittently and not everyday. At first, I thought I just got bad gas. But it also seems a little like a shifting thing with the automatic transmission. It's a mystery.

And why is it a mystery? Because my car won't tell me what's wrong!! I've become reliant upon it's exceptional communication skills to let me know what to do. I even told Mr. Q, 'it must be nothing because the console display hasn't indicated anything being wrong'. That really set his eyeballs rolling and he rather diplomatically (not) told me that I was a 'tard for relying on my computer to tell me what to do.

Anyway, it's a problem. Or not. I don't know and since I really hate going to the mechanic, I am not sure when I will find out. It frightens me to go to the garage and I prefer to just ride things out until I can't anymore. I am not what you would call proactive when it comes to car maintenance.

That said, it is still driving (mostly) perfectly. And the heated seats? I love them! When I have cramps, I crank that baby up and it is the most soothing feeling in the world. As if you needed to know that.

Have a happy Friday, y'all. Enjoy your weekend!

3 comment(s):

i've had that happen.. with my old car....

it would slow down or speed up and only on occassion...

turned out to be somethin screwy with the accelorator... you should take it in and have it looked at... explain just what you said here to the mechanics...

cause ya know that can be really dangerous...
i waited almost a year before taking mine in.. and by that point when i tried to hit the break it would try to jump forward... NEVER good...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:58 AM  

I have this problem, that every time I turn my food like this... my car starts speeding up too... lol... just enjoying a bit of a good read... thanks
And I whole headedly have to agree that a lot of things are smarter then most peopleā€¦

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:14 PM  

Diagnostic by blog is a bit silly but if you have oxygenated fuel in your area during the winter all you have to do is have your fuel filter changed. You might also want to put in a fuel additive in case there was a bit of water in the gas.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:07 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home